Don’t give up!
You know that ugly feeling the comes when you realize: “He’s not even trying!”
Or, “I am alone in this marriage . I’m doing all the work!”
Or, “I think he’s given up … on US!”
It hurts! It’s unbelievable! You feel terrified … and then, you get angry.
It feels like, at every turn, your conversations with him just spiral into negativity. As hard you try, it seems like this cycle never ends. You move from stuck to even more stuck. It’s been this way for weeks, months, years ( possibly even decades). Every day your interactions with him ooze with animosity, resentment and anger.
So, what can you do about it?
Well, since you’re reading this article, you’ve already taken the first step! It clear you haven’t given up on the relationship.
So, what’s the next thing you can do? Well, I can tell you not to wait for him t o make the first move! You’ll find yourself waiting awhile.
No matter how distant he seems, you still have the power to shift your relationship to a more positive, loving place.
By fighting for your marriage , and changing how you act (and react), there is a solid chance you’ll create a different outcome.
Is there a guarantee? Yes, I guarantee that if you do the following nine things, you will shift yourself out of feeling stuck because you’re actively doing something different about the situation.
Is there a risk? Of course, you can’t control his actions (or reactions). But, doing nothing (or doing the same old thing) is a much bigger risk.
Here are nine ways to save your marriage when your husband has checked out and doesn’t seem to care anymore:
1. Start saying “I love you” again. Tell him you love him every single day!
2. Give him sincere compliments. Notice what he does right, and compliment him for it.
3. Bring hugging back into your life. Bridge the physical divide and give your man a hug. Tomorrow, give him another.
4. Romance him a bit. Sprinkle his day with a few sweet, thoughtful gestures that show you’re paying attention to what makes him feel happy and loved! Don’t make a big show of these gestures. Just subtly add them to his day.
5. Try being positive. Stop complaining about every small annoyance in life. Looking on the bright side is contagious. He’ll fall in love with you all over again!
6. Smile more. It’s hard to resist a woman with a sincere grin on her face. If you care about him, say it with a smile and watch how fast he starts smiling back at you.
7. Take an interest in him. Be his best friend and listen to him with interest and enthusiasm.
8. Make nurturing yourself a priority. It’s great to appreciate how hard he works, but appreciate your own effort, as well. The more you take care of yourself, the more energy you’ll have for your relationship to grow and heal.